I thought it might be worthwhile to keep track of my Vista SP1 installs and any particular issues I run into.
Updated: February 20th, 2008
First Install: Dell Precision 380, Vista x86
Installed without any problems, but about 18 hours later I was prompted to re-active Windows. Reactivation was successful using online method.
Second Install: MacBook with Boot Camp 2.0, Vista x86
Installed without any problems but during installation the computer rebooted and booted OS X (default selection) - I suppose this is my fault and easily rectifiable, but something to watch out for
Third Install: Dell Latitude D620, Vista x86
I first tried to execute the service pack from a network share. Windows prompted me to run the program, which I did, but after several minutes of waiting I checked Task Manager only to find it was not executing. For the next attempt I copied the file to a local drive and ran it - installation was successful.
4) Dell Optiplex 745
Installed without problems.